Saturday, December 27, 2008

My kids redeemed themselves

So, I was complaining about my "ungrateful" children a few days ago. This has been an unbelievable week. Last Thursday the girls (Kelsey, Chloey and Shelby) and I drove the oldest, Lindsay, to the train station in Portland. We had already had some snow but most of it had melted and the roads were just wet. We got her off on the train to Seattle where she was visiting friends for the weekend and headed home. We ran into some snow on the way home but it really hit when we got to Newberg. By the time we were coming out of Lafayette the roads were icy and we fishtailed coming up the hill towards McMinnville. We got home safely and that night it snowed a few inches. The girls (K,C & S) went to stay at my sister, Julie's with their cousins for a couple of nights. Friday night and all day Saturday it snowed, like feet of snow! On Sunday, Lindsay was supposed to come home from Seattle and the train was cancelled. We got the girls from my sister's and waited for updates from Lindsay. Monday her train was cancelled again and they booked her on a train coming in on Wednesday, Christmas Eve. Our family has a tradition of celebrating on Christmas Eve,Eve (or the night before, the night before Christmas). Lindsay was finally able to get a ticket to come home on Tuesday at about noon. We were having Christmas E,E at our house with baking and cleaning, etc needing to be done. Kelly and I left to pick up Lindsay and the three (K,C&S) stayed home to get everything ready. Forward to 5 hours later,(an hour before everyone was showing up),we finally got home from Portland (normally an hour one way) and they had finished all the baking, cleaned the kitchen, washed the dishes and had everything set out for the party. They never cease to amaze me! They really came through for me when I needed them and isn't that what family is supposed to do? I love my kids, they're awesome!!



Christmas lights under the snow



Lindsay's Jeep buried in the snow


Kids decorating gingerbread houses at the party




No comments: