Sunday, April 5, 2009

Changes

They say the first step is admitting the problem. I have problems with change. I like life to go on pretty predictably. I like to have a schedule and a plan for the future. Tomorrow my life is changing dramatically. My husband leaves for the first step of his deployment to Iraq. He is going to training in California for a month, coming home for 4 days and going to Georgia for two months from where he will go to Kuwait and then Iraq. I know from his last deployment that I hate the feeling like I'm holding my breath until he comes home. He is truly my best friend and I don't feel like a whole person when he's not here.

Ok, on a more positive note, a change I do like is the change of seasons. Especially the change from Winter to Spring. Today is a gorgeous day here in Oregon, temp in the low 70s, sunny, blue skies, flowers blooming, everything seems to be waking up. I'm glad that the weather is nice when Kelly is leaving. I think if it was raining and gray I would have to get in bed and pull the covers over my head for a few days...we'll see how it goes.

Soon-to-be gorgeous lilacs


I have "daffodil envy" this year. I need to plant more!


These trees, what can I say...I wish you could smell them!


Cleo on the neighbors roof soaking up some rays

1 comment:

a girl in the life said...

aww, my kitty bitty's so cute. :)

so this must be something i inherited from you. i HaTe change. well, i think i hate the idea of change. once things change, i usually like it or learn to like it or at least enjoy the adventure. usually.