Sunday, April 26, 2009

He's Coming Home!

Sorry that I haven't lived up to my "every week" updates on Kelly. To be honest, there isn't much to tell. He usually calls once a day. Sometimes for less than 5 minutes, sometimes longer. He is busy training, trying to keep all his people on task and attempting to make the Sargent Major happy (which I personally think is impossible!). It's so hard for me to hear how the SGM treats him sometimes. Kelly is still learning his new job and the people he is in charge of and is trying so hard to stay on top of everything. He and Kelly definately have different leadership styles. Kelly is pretty laid back, tries to be positive and give people a chance. The SGM seems to be one of those people who enjoy belittling people and then telling them that it's not personal and you need to have a thick skin. I think it's just an excuse to be a jerk! Anyway, Kelly could use prayer in this area. I really want to give the SGM a piece of my mind and tell him to back off. I don't know why I feel the need to want to come to Kelly's defense. Maybe it has something to do with me being the oldest and him being the youngest.... Anyway, I am trying to pray for the SGM, that Kelly would be an example of God's love to him.
Kelly is coming home on Thursday, 4/30. On Saturday, 5/2 there is a mobilization ceremony at the Memorial Coliseum at 9am. Anyone who wants to come is welcome. He will be home and will supposedly have Friday, Sunday and Monday free and will have to report on Tuesday. He is scheduled to fly to Georgia on Thursday, 5/7. So, that is the latest for now, I will write more when I know more.

1 comment:

duck1936 said...

Ok, I was trying to leave comment on your blog. Maybe I should take Kathi's advice and sign up for facebook. Ha. I wouldn't what to do, if I did. I wanted to say I am sorry Kelly has to do this overseas thing again. Somehow, I think he likes it. May God be with him all the way.

You should post picture of Beth's twins that I will email you. Twins, twins.