Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kelly's Time Home

Well, Kelly has been home and is gone again. He got home on Thursday, 4/30 and left for Georgia on Thursday, 5/7. Thought I'd write about what we did while he was home for the week.

Friday - I skipped school (with my instructor's permission) and we ran errands, picked up a rototiller from Kelly's brother and he pretty much spent the rest of the day trying to get it started (unsuccessfully) so he could use it. While he was struggling with that I mowed the front and back and then he edged (a job I really don't enjoy).

Saturday - Mobilization ceremony at the Memorial Coliseum. One word? BORING! The soldiers were in formation while the governor, senators, state reps, mayor, general, colonel, etc made speeches, then were released. Following are a couple of pictures from that.






Sunday - We went to church and then took the girls to see "Wolverine" (we are all X-men geeks and hey, who doesn't love Hugh Jackman!)

Monday - Kelly and I had a date day. He won a drawing from the Red Cross for gift certificates to a restaurant of our choice and to the Regal Cinemas. We spent the day in Salem shopping, went to lunch at McGraths and then went to see "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past". Except for the pouring rain we had a great day together!

Tuesday - Ran more errands and rented a rototiller so I didn't have to wait until next year to finish the spot I'm working on.



Wednesday - Kelly spent most of the day packing and making sure he had everything ready to go. Chloey, Shelby and I took him the the Armory where he had to stay overnight so he could leave first thing Thursday morning.

So, that's pretty much it. The week sped by and now he won't be home again until he has leave, hopefully at Christmas.

No comments: