Sunday, June 7, 2009

On a Postive Note...

Ok, sorry for the last post, I was having a really rough time for a while. Things have been better the past couple of weeks. I think that a lot of it has to do with the weather. I'm not usually one of those people who are affected by the weather but these are not normal times. The past couple of weeks have been so awesome! I have been working outside in the yard for hours on end and have gotten quite a lot accomplished (of course there is still a lot to do!) and it has made me feel much better.
I still feel like I've shut off a little but I'm trying not to just "go through the motions" every day. It seems like it's so much harder this time with Kelly gone. Maybe I just don't remember the last time as clearly.
I'm leaving next Sunday/Monday (12:30 am) to fly to Missouri to see Brittany, Nick and Holden. I can't wait to see that baby boy, I miss him so much!! I am going to stay there for a week, then fly to Georgia to spend a few days with Kelly before he leaves for Iraq. He has requested a pass while I'm there so hopefully that will work out. I am really hoping that we can go to Savannah and do some sight-seeing. It's going to be so hard to come home and know that I won't see him again for probably at least 6 months when he has leave but I'm thankful for this opportunity to see him before he leaves!

No comments: