Monday, February 1, 2010

Gratitude - Day 1

I've seen other bloggers do something like this so I thought I would try it. For this month I am going to attempt to post everyday (yikes)! Since it's February, the shortest month (thank you) and Valentine's Day falls smack dab in the middle, I decided to write about something that I'm grateful for each day. Some days may just be a challenge but here goes!

Today I am grateful for the fact that my kids are almost grown-ups. Sure, some days I miss them being little, but this time in life is pretty nice. The oldest two have moved out and on with their lives and the youngest three are all in High School. This year (except on rare occasions) I don't have to take or pick them up from school, giving me more freedom. It's also nice to be able to leave them home alone and to not have to worry about getting home before school gets out. I can sleep without interruption, don't have to quit what I'm doing to wipe any behinds or get anyone food or a drink. I think if I had only had a couple then maybe I would feel more sad but after having five (and two at once), I feel like it was enough. I do sometimes miss little arms wrapped around my neck and the smell of babies but not enough to do it again and anyway, that's what grandkids are for, right?!

No comments: