Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gratitude - Day 24

Today I am thankful for my house. First, I am thankful to have a house. I'm thankful that our children all have grown up with a yard to play in, a place to ride bikes, and great neighbors. We moved into our house in November of 1984, one month before Lindsay, our oldest, was born. My in-laws purchased the house as an investment and we rented it from them until they retired 8 years later. Then in February 1992, we bought it from them. We lived here for another 9 years and then did an extensive remodel. We added a second story, doubling our square footage and going from 3 bedrooms, 2 baths to 6 bedrooms, 4 baths. Thankfully my dad and my husband (and I) did a lot of the work so our cost wasn't huge and now we have this great house with lots of room and we didn't have to leave our wonderful neighborhood!

No comments: