Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gratitude - Day 18

Today I am grateful for healthy kids. I am so blessed that we have not had to deal with anything other than minor health issues with our kids. They've had colds, ear infections, (ear tubes), bladder infections, kidney infections, a broken wrist, strep throat, chicken pox and probably a few more things, but those are nothing compared to what some people face. There is a blog that I read daily about a little girl named Kate. She was a perfectly healthy 4 or 5 year old when her mother noticed her hand shaking one day. When they had it checked out they found that she had a cancerous brain tumor. Every day I read about her and her battle to win against this disease. It's heart wrenching to imagine going through that and it truly makes me grateful to have healthy kids.

No comments: