Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gratitude -Day 3

Today I am grateful that I live here. Here as in the state of Oregon, here as in the city that we live in. I know that there are lots of jokes that it never stops raining here but I love it! Maybe because I was born here and have only briefly lived anywhere else but I love this place. I find rainy days cozy. They make me want to curl up with a book or just do something inside where it's warm and dry. I love that we have seasons. Winter is usually mild with an occasional really cold couple of days. We don't always get much in the way of snow, but we do usually get some every winter. Spring is incredible! Everything is green and fresh and growing and beautiful. Summer is usually mild with an occasional couple of really hot days. Fall is spectacular! The leaves are gorgeous, the air is crisp in the morning and usually warm in the afternoon.

We are also in a great area of the state. It's only an hour to the beach and an hour and a half to the mountains. You can drive an hour to Portland and forty-five minutes to Salem. The high desert is about four hours away as is Seattle. Our city is small but really offers a lot. So, those are a few of the reasons that today I am grateful for where I live!

1 comment:

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Sigh*, I do miss it so! There is nowhere like Oregon!!